Ticks and Lyme Disease
As the weather improves more of us will be making use of our beautiful countryside. Please be aware of the danger of tick bites and the potential for Lyme Disease and check yourself thoroughly after outdoor activity.
Please read the following information leaflets & website links for further information:
Lochaber 'Tick Talks' Information Leaflet
Tick Information Leaflet in Polish
Borreliosis and Associated Diseases Awareness UK
Lyme disease symptoms & treatments - Illnesses & conditions | NHS inform
Further informative information and videos below have been put together by the Scottish Forestry Commision and the Scottish Forestry Research teams.
- What are ticks? (video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHXW7B6XT7E3&feature=youtu.be
- Avoiding ticks (video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlCr8KuVJrY4&feature=youtu.be
- Checking for ticks (video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3SxuRYDPcI&feature=youtu.be
- Tick removal (video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SngcVIJ9eo&feature=youtu.be
- Lyme disease signs and symptoms (video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuP5G7WCHbA7&feature=youtu.be
Always Another Adventure (Lyme Disease & Ticks) (video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2laCHDnSNqQ
THE LYME DISEASE GENERAL PRACTICE SENTINEL SCHEME (PILOT)
Tweeddale Medical Practice is participating in a pilot scheme to help NHS Highland collect better information on Lyme Distase. Click on blue link below for further information.
Lyme disease General Practice sentinel scheme (pilot) information